2 September 2009

Yakov Update 2 Sept 2009

Last Friday, Yakov suffered another episode of extreme dysrythmia. The ER recorded his heart over the course of four hours ranging from a low of 38 beats per minute to a high of 221 beats per minute. He experience a series of ministokes again and has been greatly weakened by them. He was placed in cardiac ICU for observation over the weekend where his heart returned to a normal pattern.

We were able to bring him home today. The cardiologist and neurologist are in agreement that he needs surgery to "burn out" misbehaving nerves, probably needs a pace-maker, and definitely needs valve replacement surgery. In the same breath that they said this, they also said it was a sad state of affairs since he will likely get none of the three because he has no insurance and no means to pay for anything.

On happier news, we stopped by the courthouse on the way home and Yakov took his citizenship oath with Judge O'Hanlon, so Yakov's citizenship is now official and we no longer have to worry about deportation or some other bureaucratic madness.

We ask you to keep Yakov in your thoughts and prayers and thank you for your continued emotional support through all of this.

3 comments:

Nemesis_Jay said...

I hope greatly that things go well I really do, I plan to donate just as soon as I can finish off my bills, Kari from Insimadult and myself were just talking about Yakov, he is in both of our prayers as well as in both of our hearts.

Yakov, you are truly a very talented person, very creative and one of a kind, I do understand some of what you are going through as I have a great amount of health problems aswell, but theres also alot that I do not understand, that I don't want to feel, andd that I do not want to go through, Yakov you are very strong, keep your head up and so will we, you will remain in my prayers. If you ever need inspirational support or anyone to talk to, you or your family members, please feel free to contact me, nemesis_jay@hotmail.com Best of Luck. -Jeremy

Unknown said...

I think about you often Yakov. *hugs*

-Veckah

engelchen said...

@ Josefina:
I will not allow or post comments like yours!
So many lies, you don't know anything.
You must be full of hate, poor Josefina.
Go and get a life.

kiss, kiss
engelchen

Post a Comment