4 August 2009

Yakov Update 4 - VIII - 09

Yakov ssuffered another episode of dysrythmia and ministroke this past weekend. He had some numb spots form on his face and hands, but these resolved themselves rapidly. The trip to the hospital was frustrating since the EKG that recorded the episode in the ambulance was not kept by the hospital so yet another opportunity to establish the exact nature and possible remedy of the underlying problem was lost.

They made him wait from about 8 PM until 3 AM before performing a CT Scan, so they dropped the ball again on getting a clear record of the region of the brain that was affected by the ministroke.

It was infuriating in the extreme because even though I am not a doctor, I knew they should have at least kept him and ran more tests, but they summarily discharged him within 15 minutes of doing the CT scan.

* * *

Thank you to all of you who have donated. It has been very helpful in setting up some physical therapy appointments. Sadly, like everything else that is done via "cash money", the system doesn't know how to deal with it any more, so it takes longer.

If anyone has magic medical insurance pills, please send them ASAP

5 comments:

homerette said...

I'm sorry to hear that Yakov's health is in it's current state. Dealing with anyone in the health care industry (and the fact that it's an industry is the problem) is frustrating in the extreme, insured or uninsured. I only hope that things can level out enough for something positive to be done. I think of him often, and wish him the best.

SunsetSims said...

First of all apologize for the language, do not speak English, but I gather by your post that Beos is very ill in hospital, has given me great trouble to read this, I had no idea, my wholehearted support to this great creator I've admired from I started and has helped us so much.

A strong hug from me for and recover as quickly as possible, not to say that I am still perplexed.

I'm sorry.

Sims 3 said...

I do not speak in English. And i don't understand what you say. But would be very good if you would know somebody who can iylen sim to make. What I said. If the sim will be very good then I pay to you.

engelchen said...

@Sims3:
It was me that deleted your other comments.
Let me drink your blood and eat your brain and i will think about your request. <--That was a joke!
We don't do such requests, not even for money.
The donate button here is not for any requests it is for people who want to help Yakov to afford the medical help that he needs.

Nicolas G said...

I just heard from a good friend of mine about Yakov. I'm in shock.
I had the chance to "meet" him at the GSC2 forum like 2 years ago, don't know him personnaly yet he's always been king to him and fun to chat with.

I really feel bad from what I read his Yakov's health. All the more bad since I just recovered from a heart malfunction I have been dealing with for 30years or so (skyrocketing pulse, blood pressure and stuff) and I'm ashamed to say it didn't cost me the slightest euro.

I'm outraged to see the US issues with healthcare. Replacing valves, pacemekers, stents and bypasses are commonplace in french hospitals. It has not yet the cynicism of an industry, depsite what our Sarkozy have tried so far.
Life's a bitch, and a rather unfair one. I feel bad. We french can benefit from a wide range of medical insurances and we can even extend or own policies to our partner, even when not married. He/she doesn't even have to be our partner since you don't have to be a couple to benefit from that system.

Isn't there some other country you could move to in order to get proper treatment ? I don't know, maybe a trip to some nearby country where you could benefit from national healthcare insurance program ? Could be less expensive to afford the trip abroad and using the system than striving for some surgery in the US, or am I saying bullshit ? I wish you could come to france.

I don't pray. But I think highly of Yakov from the very little I know of him. I wish him to recover asap. I really do. He's in my thoughts.

Hang on, Hang on, hang on.


Nick (Polar Bear)


PS : to Obama : do something quick will you ? People gathering to protest don't need to be listened. You promised to do something about healthcare and were elected on your promises.
DO YOUR WORK, NOW


PS2 : sorry for the poor langage skills, I'm doing my best with english.

Post a Comment